5/30/2007

My Grand-dog


I just got back from my trip to NYC to visit the girls and grand-dog, Finny. The girls threw a huge Memorial Day party Monday and fed over 30 people. We had all southern cuisine (hoppin' john, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes, pecan pie, home made ice cream, corn bread and biscuits, etc.). Since both of my girls are excellent cooks, the meal was delicious! Finny was a little taken aback with all the people in the beginning, but finally decided it was way too many people to keep up with, so he went to sleep in a corner. When I returned home last night, my boys knew right off that I had been unfaithful to them. They could smell Finny and gave me the sniffing once over. They were not too scruffy from their lack of grooming, but I sure got a lot of fur this morning when we resumed our morning brushing session. All my boys (including my human "boy") seem glad to have me home.

No comments: