5/17/2007

Under the weather Andy


Andy has had a gastrointestinal upset for 5 days now. He loves to hunt out cat, rabbit, and whatever kind of poop he can find in the yard. I felt sure that something he wasn't supposed to eat upset his stomach. I have been treating him with Pepto Bismol and finally resorted to cooking him rice and feeding him that instead of his food. When he was still sick today, I took him to the Vet. He HATES going to the Vet. He stuck right close to my leg and then starting whimpering, so I took him up in my arms until it came his time to see the Vet. He crawled up my chest until his head rested next to my head and we waited. The Vet agrees with me that he ate something untoward in the yard that is upsetting him. He got some medicine to settle down his stomach and some bland dog food to eat. Hopefully, he will soon be better. If anyone knows how to stop him from eating poop, let me know! Roy hasn't developed a taste for such delicacies, thankfully.

No comments: